I can’t decide which one I love more, basil pesto or avocado. Wait a minute, why decide?! Just mix the two together for a delicious, healthy creamy spread, sauce or dip! I especially love this mixture on a grilled cheese sandwich with fresh basil and tomato.
- 1 whole ripe avocado
- 2-3 tbsps basil pesto (I like the Mezzetta brand)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- A squirt or more of fresh lemon juice
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy. Start off with just 2 tbsps of basil pesto, and then add more if desired. You can also add a little water so that it’s not so thick (depending on what you’re using it for).
HOW TO USE IT:
- Spread it on a sandwich (I love it on a grilled cheese!)
- Spread it on your morning toast.
- Serve it with grilled chicken for added flavor.
- Toss it with pasta.
- Use it as a dip paired with pita bread, crackers, or veggies.