This 3 ingredient recipe is always a hit at parties! Not only are they incredibly delicious (the perfect combination of sweet, salty and tangy), but they’re probably the easiest thing you’ll ever throw into your slow cooker.
- Combine an 18oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce with approximately 18oz of grape jelly into your crockpot, and then stir until well combined.
- Add about 50 frozen, fully cooked meatballs to the mixture, and then stir them in until they are well coated.
- Cook on high in your slow cooker for about 3 hours.
- Replace the BBQ sauce for Chili Sauce (next to the ketchup in the grocery stores) for a less sweet and more tangy flavor, or consider using a combination of both. A little bit of mustard is also good in the mix to tame the sweetness a bit.
- Add Cayenne pepper or hot sauce to kick up the heat factor.
- You can use plain or Italian style frozen meatballs for this recipe.
- I’ve found that a thicker BBQ sauce (like Sweet Baby Ray’s) works best, otherwise the sauce may turn out a bit runnier than desired.
- Although I’ve never tried it, I’ve read that other flavors of jelly like strawberry or apricot also work well for this recipe.
- Try using a liner in your crockpot for easier cleanup.