That’s right! Just oats and a few ripe bananas are all that’s required for the healthiest cookies on the planet.
- Mash 2 ripe bananas in a bowl, and then mix in 1 cup of quick oats and a handful of raisins. Don’t add too many raisins or the cookies will fall apart.
- Place about 16 small scoops on a greased or non-stick foiled lined baking sheet, and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes (keep an eye on them as every oven varies).
- Add cinnamon, salt, walnuts, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, flax seed, nutmeg, honey, vanilla or any other mix-ins of your choice. Just be sure that you don’t mix in too much or the cookies won’t stick together.
- Because the size of bananas can vary, you may need to add in extra oats if your batter seems too runny.
- These are great for breakfast or after-school snacks! Kids love them.
***UPDATE*** I made these cookies with white chocolate chips, walnuts, and dried cranberries — definitely our favorite so far! The bananas I used were also very large which made a nice crispy crust on the bottom almost like caramel. I think I like them a little more moist after all. Mmmmmm. You can see the pic here.