These little energy bites are super easy and family friendly! Even if your kids aren’t crazy about almonds, they will love them in this form.
- Place 2 cups of rolled oats in a food processor and pulverize. This turns the oats into somewhat of a thick powder.
- Add 16oz of almond butter and 1/3 cup of maple syrup to the food processor, and blend until the mixture comes together. If it’s too thick, consider adding a touch more of your wet ingredients or a little bit of water.
- Roll the dough into bite-sized balls and store them in the refrigerator.
- Try adding protein powder or flax seed for a nutritional boost.
- Once chilled, consider dipping them in melting chocolate to make a healthier version of a truffle.