These cute, little fruit monsters are not only adorable as can be, they’re also a healthy snack option for Halloween!
- Cut several strawberries length wise into little slivers to use as the tongues. Depending on the size of your strawberries, you should get about 2-4 “tongues” each.
- Cut your apples into quarters avoiding the core, and then carefully carve the mouth out with a knife. You should be able to make about four of these guys per apple. Spray or rub them with a little bit of lemon juice if you’d like to prevent them from browning.
- Spread peanut or almond butter on the inside of the “mouths”, mostly on the bottom where the strawberry tongues will be.
- Use sunflower seeds or almond slivers for the teeth. Gently push them into the flesh of the apples.
- Place your strawberry tongues inside of the mouths, using the peanut or almond butter as a glue.
- Now here’s the fun best part! Use a little bit of your nut butter to glue on candy eyes. You can find candy eyes in the baking section of most grocery stores, as well as craft stores such as Michael’s or Hobby Lobby. You can also cut mini marshmallows in half, and use a black food marker to make them look likes eyes.