Are these ghost cookies awesome or what?! Although they look a little complicated, they are actually really simple to make. You can make everything from scratch, or just buy pre-made cookies and frosting like I do. You will just need large cookies (preferably chocolate), large marshmallows, white frosting, and a black icing pen. Let’s get started!
- Get your cookies ready (I use store-bought) by placing them on a large piece of parchment paper. This will get a little messy! I find that large, chocolate cookies work best because it makes the features of the “ghost” really stand out.
- Use store-bought vanilla frosting to glue a single large marshmallow onto the center of each cookie.
- Heat what’s left of the frosting in a bowl in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. It should be runny enough to run down the sides of the cookies.
- Use a spoon and pour the frosting over each marshmallow until it runs down the sides.
- Let them cool for about 10-15 minutes, and then use a black icing pen or melted chocolate to draw on the eyes and mouth for each marshmallow ghost.